Since this is by far my most popular post on Instagram, I thought I would go into more detail about this amazing soup on here. For a little recipe back story, I tried to drink bone broth plain, and in a mug, because everyone was doing it (good reason right?), and I really did not like it. To be fair, drinking anything out of a mug that isn’t coffee or a matcha latte is too weird for me. Nonetheless, I found a delicious way to enjoy this amazing broth.
And then…my Healing Bone Broth Soup was born! In this recipe I used Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth.I defrosted the bag in warm water for 15 minutes and then added half to a large pot. (This stuff is the real deal you guys!)
I love this recipe because it’s so customizable. If there are certain ingredients in here you don’t like, substitute them. If you aren’t a quinoa fan, you can sub brown rice, or chickpea pasta. However, I LOVED the soft-boiled egg in here and highly recommend it. The yolk adds something to the broth, just like it does in Ramen.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- ½ the bag of chicken bone broth (I used bonafide provisions)
- 1 soft-boiled egg
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- head of steamed broccoli
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp pepper
- Defrost bone broth and pour into a large pot over medium heat.
- Add in all the spices/acv and raw zucchini and cook down for several minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, boil a small pot of water. Once the water is boiling, lower in a cage-free egg and cook for 6 minutes. Remove, and move the egg to an ice bath, until it cools to room temperature.
- Next, add in precooked broccoli and quinoa to the broth and turn the heat to low. Cover, and let soup simmer and come together for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and top with the soft-boiled egg, hemp seeds, and red pepper flakes.